Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Saturday 1st September 2018 the Jaguar Breakfast Club and JLR Classic are to jointly host a spectacular event to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar XJ, representing fifty years of continuous production from the earliest Series 1 to the latest X351, and through the diversity of its sporting and racing derivatives. This seminal model has a relevance to all Jaguar enthusiasts and accordingly every Jaguar from every era will be welcome to join an enormous display to celebrate the noble presence of the marque from the historic to the present day. The location for the event will be JLR's impressive new facility, Classic Works, Ryton, Coventry
Planning is in the very early stages but mark this date firmly in your diary!
Further details will be posted here and for further information please see www.jaguarbreakfastclub.org.uk and https://www.facebook.com/groups/1698774543670302/

· Premium Member
6,570 Posts
I'm going, reserved my space with guest earlier on today.

Thanks for the reply Peter.

I'll set about some ne'er do wells and get them to sign up :-D

Wouldn't miss now I've the day off.

Rich

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going, reserved my space with guest earlier on today.

Thanks for the reply Peter.

I'll set about some ne'er do wells and get them to sign up :-D

Wouldn't miss now I've the day off.

Rich
Thank you Rich :-D

We now have over 200 Jaguars booked but have space for 200 more. The event is hosted by Jaguar Classic, is free of charge and all models of Jaguars are welcome :-D

· Premium Member
6,570 Posts
Great news Simon,

I'm quite beside myself at this and now being able to go.

Ian D is going to be there, so we'll get to meet Lord Delete in the flesh.

· Premium Member
XF S 3.0D V6 18MY Italian Racing Red
7,036 Posts
And having been there today, I've also registered and received confirmation from Peter.

Remember guys, this Breakfast Meet is at JLR Classic Works in Coventry, not Gaydon.

http://www.jaguarbreakfastclub.org.uk/

· Premium Member
17,946 Posts
I've reserved my spot and just had confirmation back from Peter, so all good, looking forward to this day, should be really good.

I've asked a dozen or so others, especially XJ owners and am going to start another thread for this, linking to here also. The plan is to try and get as many as possible, maybe for a convoy from Scotland to the event with any other Jaguar model owners interested too.

John9285 confirmed also

How about we look to arrange a pre meet arrangement so we can all go in together getting parked up next to each other and catching up on the day?
Sound like a plan?

https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=109672

Jim

· Premium Member
6,570 Posts
Hey hey, whadda ya know, our resident Laird is coming.

Nice one.

Any chance one or two of your entourage could be poached to clean a brace of V8's once there?

:-D

· Premium Member
17,946 Posts
Hey hey, whadda ya know, our resident Laird is coming.

Nice one.
Any chance one or two of your entourage could be poached to clean a brace of V8's once there?

:-D
Look forward to catching up Rich and seeing what fancy hat we have to cover our solar panel :mrgreen:
Should be a fun day

Jim

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,784 Posts
Well it would be the weekend that I am away. Never mind, although it would have been nice to get Jim to clean my car. Mayhap I'll try for 60 instead.

· Premium Member
17,946 Posts
Well it would be the weekend that I am away. Never mind, although it would have been nice to get Jim to clean my car. Mayhap I'll try for 60 instead.
Would've been nice to have seen you Chris, maybe in 10 years time?

I think we'd have to get young Alec to clean the car though, he's got that down to a tee.

Jim

· Premium Member
17,946 Posts
Glasgow,Huddersfield, Wirral how about M6 Knutsford?
Sounds like a good option John, I guess we'll have a clearer understanding of numbers and times nearer the time, can lock in at that point

Jim

· Premium Member
6,570 Posts
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but it's the M1, M69 for me.

I'll be taking SWMBO to work before I and +1 set off.

I am hopeful Simon's journey will bring him down the A1M, onto the M18 and then a possible meet on the M1 for a possible Super V8 convoy.

Rich

· Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,424 Posts
I’ll already be down on the Friday afternoon, but knowing Janis it’ll be after tea time...
But would love to arrange to meet you all before you reach said destination so I can come in with a group.

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,784 Posts
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but it's the M1, M69 for me.

I'll be taking SWMBO to work before I and +1 set off.

I am hopeful Simon's journey will bring him down the A1M, onto the M18 and then a possible meet on the M1 for a possible Super V8 convoy.

Rich
Brave man, having both an "SWMBO" and a (separate) "+1" and advertising it!

· Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,424 Posts
Yep I like the sound of that. I’m heading down on the Friday, but would love to meet up and go in a group on the Saturday too

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.