Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1333 Posts

· Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mac_Doc came up with this idea first, after his recent 800 mile drive. The X351 is not a common car, so you don't see many about. I recently did a 250 mile round trip via the M25 and M3, and only saw one on the way out and one on the way back. It might be worth posting when you see one, as it might be someone on this forum.

(PS. Downing Street/Westminster doesn't count!)

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,238 Posts
Mac_Doc came up with this idea first, after his recent 800 mile drive. The X351 is not a common car, so you don't see many about. I recently did a 250 mile round trip via the M25 and M3, and only saw one on the way out and one on the way back. It might be worth posting when you see one, as it might be someone on this forum.

That was Jim, I think. My suggestion is that pictures would count for more than hearsay!

· Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was Jim, I think. My suggestion is that pictures would count for more than hearsay!
You're right. For some reason I associate Mac's with Glasgow! Pictures might be a problem while driving on the M3 though..

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,238 Posts
You're right. For some reason I associate Mac's with Glasgow! Pictures might be a problem while driving on the M3 though..
Rubbish. The pictures may be a bit shaky, but we can accept that!

... as if I would suggest such a thing. Tsk.

· Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,587 Posts
There is another one in Larkhall about 1/2 a mile from my house, like Steve, I don’t think there in the forum.
As Bronco says though as a rule of thumb you really don’t see many out in the wild.

Then you look at how much Mac Doc’s spreadsheet is growing and you wonder why you don’t see any?

· Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,587 Posts
30 million cars on the road Glenn, you do the math.:devilish::giggle::ROFLMAO:
I can hardly count my fingers let alone do math!?!?

Try saying that about a Merc or an Audi, you can't go 100 yards without seeing one. I reckon out of all the Jaguar models there are lucky to be 3 in my estate (including my own) but can't go 2 or 3 houses without seeing a Merc or Audi.
PCP has a lot to answer for.

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
Next, you’ll be wearing anoraks and standing by the motorways with a notebook, to become “the lesser spotted Jaguar spotters”.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
Try saying that about a Merc or an Audi, you can't go 100 yards without seeing one
I can't speak for what the common folk drive.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Mean Mr Mustard

· Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,587 Posts
Next, you'll be wearing anoraks and standing by the motorways with a notebook, to become "the lesser spotted Jaguar spotters".:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Funny you should say that, there was this one time…

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,238 Posts
There is a white one about two miles away from me, and a black XJ50 that i occasionally see at Waitrose. There are about three that park in my works car park (or there were, back when I went to the office and parked in the car park). Pictures to follow.

On the rarity front, the last time I went to Gaydon for the breakfast club (on X-Type day) I think mine was the only X351 on site.

· Premium Member
18,883 Posts

That was me Bob, but you were on the right track.

On that particular day, in all those miles I saw 2. I'm up for a game of 351 spotting and will add as and when

Try saying that about a Merc or an Audi, you can't go 100 yards without seeing one. I reckon out of all the Jaguar models there are lucky to be 3 in my estate (including my own) but can't go 2 or 3 houses without seeing a Merc or Audi.
PCP has a lot to answer for.
Absolutely 100 Glenn

Jim

· Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I've seen one in my village. Being worked on / over by the garage, which I prefer to avoid. Prem Lux judging by the alloys. Mme. Moutarde sees a blue one at St Ives regularly. When I inspected and bought ours, going back home in the Skoda on the M6, there was one in front of me going at a sedate gentlemanly pace. And thereafter a XF Sportbrake. I took this as a sign that I'm actually living in a hologram, and none of this is real, including you lot.

I shall impose my own reality... Rare at Gaydon? Hmmm. My triumphal arrival will be in the Spring. :D

· Premium Member
1,600 Posts
30 million cars on the road Glenn, you do the math.:devilish::giggle::ROFLMAO:
I've not found any figure for total X351 production, nor UK registrations. Being Extra Sad, that info would interest me to work that sum out.

· Premium Member
18,883 Posts
All I could find on Google is that the total production figure is 122,330 units.
Most of these are probably in the US.
Yep, that's probably a given, they love their big luxury saloons over there, although can't imagine there being many / any diesels

Jim

1 - 20 of 1333 Posts