Jaguar Forum banner
1281 - 1300 of 1341 Posts

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,294 Posts
I feel your pain. I only lost one tyre, but I also lost a wheel, so my bill was about £1200.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Tread

And I wasn't rich enough to repair the bodywork damage (well, until I completed the job using a Mondeo!)

· Registered
7,698 Posts
I feel your pain. I only lost one tyre, but I also lost a wheel, so my bill was about £1200.
View attachment 60702
And I wasn't rich enough to repair the bodywork damage (well, until I completed the job using a Mondeo!)
Mac,you need a set of XJR wheels, which are forged so they won't buckle as easily as the other wheels.

· Premium Member
25,879 Posts
Mac,you need a set of XJR wheels, which are forged so they won't buckle as easily as the other wheels.
And the rest of the car to go with them.;)

· Premium Member
19,035 Posts
View attachment 60702
Lol just noticed it was a Dunlop Sport Maxx anyway, you were on borrowed time before that started cracking / splitting

Steve, does make a good point there Mac

Jim

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,294 Posts
Lol just noticed it was a Dunlop Sport Maxx anyway, you were on borrowed time before that started cracking / splitting
I can't seem to keep a car long enough to wear out the tyres. Except the XK8, in which I went through a pair a year.

· Registered
2017, Jaguar XJ
283 Posts

· Premium Member
19,035 Posts
I have never come across one that size... Fingers crossed I never do...! That is ridiculously big...
Absolutely agree, that's an accident waiting to happen right there

Jim

· Registered
57 Posts
Absolutely agree, that's an accident waiting to happen right there

Jim
It was already filled in when we drove past on the way to the ferry again, less than 2 days later. Might be because when I notified the relevant dept about the pothole, I mentioned if a motorcyclist hit that at 60mph, there was a very high chance of them being unseated and very seriously hurt.
Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Tar Grass

Road surface Asphalt Line Tar Grass

Tape measure set to 1m, not including the green portion.

If Amey don't pay up, then there's something seriously amiss in the world!!

· Premium Member
25,879 Posts
Reactions: PetA and mac_doctor

· Premium Member
19,035 Posts
It was already filled in when we drove past on the way to the ferry again, less than 2 days later.
View attachment 60753
View attachment 60754

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Not as bad as this one in Gosport though.....
Tire Car Vehicle Military camouflage Wheel

Jim

· Registered
8,188 Posts
It was already filled in when we drove past on the way to the ferry again, less than 2 days later. Might be because when I notified the relevant dept about the pothole, I mentioned if a motorcyclist hit that at 60mph, there was a very high chance of them being unseated and very seriously hurt.
View attachment 60753
View attachment 60754

This was the problem I had.
Mine was on the motorway, highways agency turned up. I notified them of the hole, got an official incident number.
Claim was denied because they had filled it in within 48 hrs of my incident and therefore not negligible.
Nice system we have eh.

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,294 Posts
Not as bad as this one in Gosport though.....
View attachment 60755
Right picture, wrong location. My pothole was in Arrochar, sir!

... although any drive from my house takes me along the coast road, which right now is a real mess of pot holes and partial fixes. The council (or their subcontractors) have taken to putting bollards in the holes until they fix them which is all very well except for the ones that are in the middle of the carriageway.

· Premium Member
2007 X350 Sovereign 2.7 diesel
6,816 Posts
It might be very unlikely but it's occurred to me a couple of times whilst looking at pictures on here that show a time, place and registration number that maybe the owner might not really appreciate a picture of their car with said details on the internet. It's possible that they may be meant to be somewhere else and being confronted with pictorial evidence to the contrary might be a tad unwelcome? :whistle:

Reactions: PetA

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
13,294 Posts
It might be very unlikely but it's occurred to me a couple of times whilst looking at pictures on here that show a time, place and registration number that maybe the owner might not really appreciate a picture of their car with said details on the internet. It's possible that they may be meant to be somewhere else and being confronted with pictorial evidence to the contrary might be a tad unwelcome?
Well they shouldn't be driving their car then. It isn't exactly as though the whereabouts and reg. no. of a car at any given time is a secret.

1281 - 1300 of 1341 Posts