Xj6c

oldjaglover

Reaction score
I know you've had your XJC for awhile, but from experience, take a few minutes to insect your top very carefully for any small bumps or lumps. Those indicate rust starting under the vinyl, which is common. I had enough to have the top totally removed and painted, and I (and the car) was in Las Vegas. Enjoy it.

Ron62

Reaction score
Almost two years later. Had some work done. First i changed the two petrol tanks, pumps and hoses to get the petrol to the carbs. The carbs are past their best. I bought a spare pair to get restored and lost them because the restorer is a fraude. Took my money and never send back my carbs (fixacarb). I got my money back because i paid by CC and was inshured for this. Lost the spare carbs though. Bought a second set and found a more trustworthy company in NL (Kolvenbach)/ They are working on them and i hope to get them on the car within a few weeks.
Next job is to find the electrical gremlins under the dash. Fuel switch works. But all the other three and the clock are not working. Tried to find the issue but there is no power on the interior light switch, map light switch and interior lightning. Also the power leads for the radio are not working. The fan motor of the heater box is only mildly working. Have to find out what that can be. All in all, i am enjoying the car but struggle with the niggles. First thing is the renewed carbs becasue with the battered ones on the car are not working properly, especially on idle. It needs a ferm push on the padel the get the motor spinning properly. But when she drives, it is heaven.