Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo i have a 1998 jaguar xj8 i picked up for little money,car runs GREAT starts no problem and drives fantastic...but im haveing an issue with the lights...running lights in back, and plate lights,and the little lights in the highbeams stay on when the car is shut off...they flicker and so does the side light illumination on the dash,and the hazard button light is also on but very dim...side lights dont work at all(bulbs all good)(connections are spotless)...when this occurs (all the time) i can hear the relay in the truck for lights clicking...i remove the relay and everything still flashes eradicly...if i turn the lights on or in auto on switch,then they just stay on...im lost...any ideas???

98 jag xj8
lights that stay on and flash when car not running
rear running lights
plate lights
dash light for side lights
hazard button light (really dim)

none of the side lights work (bulbs good)(connectors good)

ive removed ALL relays and fuses to these lights and they still stay on and flicker depending on position of light switch...i pulled bulbs so battery wont die...everything works fine when car is running and driving(other then side lights)
abs ,airbag,traction control warning lights also lit...but those were all lit up before the problem started...possible grounding issue???
taking it to a dealership is out of the question...id scrap it before paying them a dime...have had bad runn ins with them...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
You've posted in the wrong forum. Get your post moved to the X308 forum (which is for your car). No doubt some experts in your car will advise.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.