Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that when travelling between 50/70 mph and applying the throttle that the car sort of judders, like going over rumble strips
in the road, if you hit the throttle harder it seems to be fine? you can feel it threw the drivers seat

I had the fluid and filter changed in my old gearbox and this did not help so today we changed the box for a tested good gearbox
and the problem is still there

is there any advice what it could be
i have searched the net and i am not alone with this problem but i can not find the answer

any help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds like your torque converter lock-up clutch as it switches from 'continuous slip' mode to fully-locked.

When you swapped transmissions did you try a different torque converter or refit your old one?

Phil

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply yes i did change the torque converter as that is what i had been told it may be .
I have also had it on a 4 post ramp jacked up and gone though all the gears to see if
any thing is vibrating or sticking but can not see any thing out of the ordinary

Karl

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sounds to me like it is not gearbox related.....try checking both Jurid couplings and the centre bearing and the prop shaft and it's mountings.
Also check the gearbox rear mountings

Cheers,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rear gearbox mount is a new one that came with the new box as is the front jurid coupling.
The back one looks ok and there is no play in the center bearing i have also greased up all the
universal joints in case they were dry but still no luck in finding the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.