Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have just joined the forum after buying a 1994 4L AJ16 Convertible. I was hoping to replace the car mats - but internet offerings seem to be just for manual versions which I thought were rare. Do you know anywhere I can get new mats for auto?

Thanks - Jim

· Registered
118 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
The simply car mats site clearly states that they are only for the manual version, I had the same problem and contacted them to check and they replied saying they only had the templates for the manual. I found this to be the case on a few other sites as well when I was looking.

I've certainly seen cheaper mats available for the auto, but nothing mid range and there are some expensive ones about but I'd want to see those before buying rather than ordering blind and hoping they look ok. I gave up in the end and decided to stick with the originals for now.

· Registered
118 Posts
You're right about the simplycarmats - I missed the box about manaul only. It does seem strange that they are able to offer the very rare manual and not the far more common auto! Maybe the RAC ones would be right, although it doesn't say it is for the convertible so maybe not.

Good luck with the search. If you find some good ones let me know as I am looking for some for my 1995 XJS convertible.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. They do seem difficult to get hold of. One on-line retailer promised an an “exact match” - and when they turned up, they were nothing like it. Like RoboGaz I will stick to the originals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.