Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cherished, and first, alloy Growler.
Just two owners, full 50k history and immaculate, in every sense.
Paid over 'book' but exchanged for an aging, high mileage, XK8.
Fitted a new accessory belt, as no record of change, but it had been!
New battery has cured intermittent locking issue, a known problem, if not that common.
The nicest Jag I have driven!

Attachments

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Very nice looking ride you have there Gandy.

Although I do prefer the X358 to the X350 , I may prefer the X300 to them all !

As per Reds comments , I never tire of looking at timeless Jaguar saloons of the old school :)

The ride is timeless and sublime , nothing compares in my eyes to the ride and comfort of these vehicles.

I took a quite well to do friend of mine down to Denham earlier , he is used to driving / being driven in German marques.

Down some quieter roads in parts of the journey , his comments were very pleasing and replicate my own thoughts.

" Is it really a diesel Ed ? I love the way she just sits up and begs a little before hitting *** very quickly "
" What a fantastic car Ed , so quiet in here too ..... can I use the Jaguar WiFi "

I don't think I have taken anyone in my car yet that has commented less than positive,
I don't need asking twice when someone says " Gonna take me out in your Jaaaaaaag Ed " :)

· Premium Member
17,946 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club, good to have you here with us....

Other than that, as per all the other comments really. I always get positive and complimentary remarks on mine and never need an excuse to go for a drive lol

Jim

· Banned
7,619 Posts
I suspect Gandy has been a member of the X350 club a long time now , I seldom forget an X350
and I remember posting similar comments to the same picture some time back .
Can I ask Gandy for some fresh photos please , especially so we can see his wheels in closer detail ,
they are another comparatively rare sight on an X350

· Premium Member
6,570 Posts
Always a treat for the day when we get to hear of another joining the Jolly Boys Wafting Club :-D

There really is no better place to be if you have to get from A to B.

I particularly like it when a modern Jag slows alongside to take a look as they pass.

I'm with Red on the wheels, let's have a close up as they are a very rare sight on what is a rarely seen Jag model on the roads.

Rich

· Registered
2,042 Posts
+1 with liking those wheels very much , I don't think I have ever seen any in the flesh.

They do look like they would be very labour intensive to keep clean on the inner rim though .....

I have seen them on a few 2003 / 2004 XJ's on an American import site recently browsed.

· Premium Member
6,570 Posts
Lovely jubbly, a very, very nice set of alloys.

They look so much better on the car than a picture in a brochure.

Rich

· Banned
7,619 Posts
Not for me and I don't really know why , thats an interesting feature the way the centre holes have flanges
leading onto the nuts , they sort of fall between two stools for me .
What a car though and its interesting Gandy says its the nicest Jaguar he has driven ,I have always felt with
the XK that it lacks the sense of occasion I felt with the X350 , nice contrast with the Leather also

· Premium Member
6,570 Posts
For info should anyone be interested

The alloys are 8 x 18 Rapiers

Rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.