xk uncut keys

John Fisher

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Jaguar XK 2010 low mileage drives beautifully however I went to a local dealer to have my key fob batteries changed as one was not working, he advised me that key ' blades ' are un-cut and I wont be able to get them cut by the dealer which may mean a lock change, can any body advise please

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum John.
Check yourself that both key blades are in fact “uncut”. If they are then I suspect he may be correct. If, on the other hand, you have one that is cut, then go to Timpsons and get them to match it.

MrKis

Reaction score
Isn't there a code that can be discovered from somewhere. That can be used by someone to cut the blade correctly?

Sorry for the vaguery but I seem to remember that, when new, my keys had a sticker on them, that said remove and retain this code.

Reaction score
When I bought my XK, there was only one fob and it had no blade. I had a new blade cut from my dealer in Southern California. I had to produce my ID and the ownership paperwork from the Department of Motor Vehicles. The dealer looked up the code once they verified that I was the true owner, and they cut my blade for me. Easy peasy, I think, once you find a dealer that has a cutting machine and a process for verifying identity.