Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a XK8-1998 and have found 3 problems, would appreciate anyone's input.

Problems:
1 - Windscreen wipers - They don't stop when they are in the off position. They sometimes stop in the middle of the windscreen or they stop when they are on continuously. I need to move the stork up and down to get them going again.

2 - The drivers seat does not move at all, the fuses are OK. I tried taking the seat out but one of the bolts just keep turning and does not come out.

3 - Petrol filler cap does not close. I have the male part on the cap but there is no female part on the body of the car, does anyone know the part number or a way of resolving the problem.

Many many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Problem 1 sounds like a broken stalk/stork switch to me. A good used one should be obtainable from someone like www.eurojag.com, but phone (don't email) for a prompt response.
Problem 2. First thing to check is that you're getting 12 v on the Brown/Pink wire to Pin 5 in the 10 way Black connector to the seat module. If you are, then you may have a faulty seat module, under the front edge of the seat. If you remove it and open it (not difficult, just clipped together) you may find a quite common problem of a damaged circuit board track where it has rubbed against the casing. Not too difficult to repair with solder or a jump lead if you can solder reasonably neatly!
Problem 3 is unusual! Any chance of a photo to help?

G

·
As above from Astromorg. Plus ...............

2. I'm not sure how the "threaded nut" part of the seat 'nut and bolt' set-up works, but you could try to apply some sort of upwards pressure on the bolt while turning it anticlockwise. If the thread has stripped, that might help to get it out.

3 The "female" part is HJA 3097AD. But .......... it's possible that someone has removed it because it wasn't working which doesn't necessarily mean it is faulty. It could be the switch by the driver's knee that's got a problem or ............................ that button tells the Body Processor Module to tell the Security and Locking Module to tell the Fuel Flap solenoid to open the flap. Yes - two computers to open a lid !!
Life is never simple :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.