Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been in about my battery issues before. It has a 2 year old Kaguar battery. I disconnected the battery and charged until charger showed 'fully charged'. Used tester and it showed 13.4 volts, I left it overnight and it now shows 12.8, again still disconnected. That seems low and its losing power over one night when not connected to anything. New battery needed? Thanks as always

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
The readings you have posted are perfect. 12.8v is fully charged after surface voltage has dissipated. If the battery voltage continues to drop dramatically then it’s time to change.:mrgreen:

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jimbov, so I reconnected the battery this morning after getting your response, now it shows 12.52v - is this dropping dramatically? Thanks

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
At present I wouldn’t say dramatic as there is a quiescent draw on the battery when connected. The next test to do is to find out whether the car has a parasitic draw.

Quiescent draw for your car is 30mA after 45min. Anything higher than this then you have a circuit that is not shutting down correctly.

If, however, the draw on the battery is correct at 30mA then it would indeed be time to change the battery.

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
With that drop I would tend to agree. A new decent quality battery is in the offing. When you get one, be sure to put it on charge first as most are not fully charged when purchased.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jimbov, I checked it again about 5 o clock and its dropped to 12.10. I think battery is still under warranty so it's back to stratstone, cheers

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Go through everything in the trunk and check again. Enjoy.:)

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the note - Been trying to find illustration of how this area looks, as now I have noticed a loose wire. Any link that you know of to help with configuration and even how the spare tire should be secured?

· Premium Member
25,630 Posts
The loose wire is nothing to be concerned about as it is no longer used. The spare wheel should have a securing bolt through the middle to the boot floor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts