Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there and thanks for reading this request. Maybe there is already a link or post somewhere on this forum covering this but I want to buy a 5.0 XKR and it looks like they were manufactured from 2009 to 2014 - with a facelift in 2012 as far as I can determine - with changes to the lights and black buttons instead of silver colour for the heating etc controls.

Can anyone point me to a resource that details the specific differences between the pre- and post-2012 XKRs?

Although I prefer the appearance of the later models, a lower mileage earlier model might provide an identical driving experience...

many thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
621 Posts
Jeremy,

They are all essentially the same car, except for (as you’ve already mentioned) very subtle differences to the front bumper, and the addition of daylight running lights and reverse parking cameras to the later models.

Some latter models come with the speed & black pack as standard and referred to as the Dynamic R. Max speed on these are limited to 174mph. They come with many of the characteristics of the XKR 75, meaning they have the same forged wheels, higher spring rates and ever so slightly lowered - some 10mm, but power output remaining the same as the XKR’s.

I’m not sure if you’re likely to find any comprehensive resource detailing the changes between the models through the years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.