Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've just purchased a 2013 XKR-S in California, which I'm having shipped home to Oregon, stunning car! We have some quite rough roads here and although I don't mind the ride, I promised my better half that I'd look into softening the suspension somewhat. I'm guessing that I could replace (at least temporarily) the springs and/or dampers with ones from another model, like the same generation XK, or an aftermarket option. Is anyone familiar with the spring specs or looked into swapping them? Who should I talk to?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see that there are H&R Sport progressive lowering springs available for the XKR. Does anyone know if these are smoother riding over small bumps than the stock XKR-S springs? I've read a couple of tests that say the XKR-S springs are 1cm lower and 28% stiffer than the stock XKR springs, which is what I should probably try.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
I'd say take a ride on your local roads with the new car and see how she rides. There must be a way of softening the ride just as much as there is ways of stiffening the ride for the boy racers. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
These cars are fitted with Bilstein adaptive dampers, one of the best on the market fitted to most high end sports cars, and in normal mode, they are “very” comfortable. For a sporty GT car, I wouldn't rush to change them to something else yet. I find it’s the sports seats that makes the car feel overly firm, but all things considered, the car is actually more comfy that most in it’s class.

Here's hoping that over time, you could get used to it, or shall I say, your other half will get used to it when she finds out that they aren’t that bad after all.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I think I must be American. I like wood trim and comfy rides (which after all is what set Jaguar apart from the rabble for 60 years).

Now everyone over here says that's for grandparents, so we have aluminium and carbon fibre dashes and take the springs out :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.