Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm Chris, just joined as ive just bought a really nice 04 plate xtype 2.0 Diesel. I've always wanted a jag and I'm really pleased now to be getting one.
I want to swap the interior for a leather one and i was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the seats from a xtype estate will fit in the saloon?

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Hi All,

I'm Chris, just joined as ive just bought a really nice 04 plate xtype 2.0 Diesel. I've always wanted a jag and I'm really pleased now to be getting one.
I want to swap the interior for a leather one and i was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the seats from a xtype estate will fit in the saloon?
all the estates had folding rear seats, most of the saloons dont, and its a different fixing mechanism for the folding ones.

so probably not.

· Registered
5,836 Posts
Front seats are the same.
Rears completely different.

· Registered
5,836 Posts
Yeah, you could probably use 3/4 of an estate car set :)

· Registered
6,636 Posts
Hi Chris111mcr.

Well done that man and enjoy.

Maybe other stuff to consider are the electrics on the fronts.

Mine only has basics and there doesn't look to be any spare connectors for an upgrade.

I don't know for sure but suspect you'll need to match a replacement set with the same spec if you want things tidy.

Anyhow, it's only cosmetics, you can still enjoy the ride.

· Registered
1,317 Posts
Hi Chris111mcr.

Well done that man and enjoy.

Maybe other stuff to consider are the electrics on the fronts.

Mine only has basics and there doesn't look to be any spare connectors for an upgrade.

I don't know for sure but suspect you'll need to match a replacement set with the same spec if you want things tidy.

Anyhow, it's only cosmetics, you can still enjoy the ride.
Hence why I said to buy a scrap car or mot failure car. You can take what ever you need then.
:mrgreen:

· Registered
432 Posts
I've got a set of cranberry leather seats for sale if you're interested...

· Registered
5,836 Posts
I've got a set of cranberry leather seats for sale if you're interested...
Nice - looks great in a black or racing green car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.