JAGUAR IDS/SDD VIRTUAL IMAGES for 125/130/128 (Easy Install)

Jaguar_lover

Reaction score
FAO TheMindBuddah,

Thank you for sharing a VM image of IDS 125. However, I never managed to get the software to communicate with Rosamund, my 1997 XK8 convertible : I get an error (CodeServerD) every time I try to read error codes (I tried installing the VM software on various combinations of computers / OS including IBM and HP running Windows 10 and Ubuntu/Linux, but without any success).

I haven't been able to start the car for a year now (The battery went flat during the first lockdown, and now it doesn't even crank. A car electrician had a look at it the other day and his diagnostic tool - not Jaguar - could only come up with a P1260 error, which is something to do with the security module).

I have now bought a second hand XP machine on e-bay, (and I have a mongoose cable, although it's probably a chinese copy). Is there any chance I could have a copy of the installation files for IDS 125, rather than the VM image please ? My thinking is that by running IDS 125 'native', I might be able to get the software to diagnose (and fix) Rosamund's problem.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

x-files

Reaction score
If you post your problem in the XK8 section we may be able to help - that code gives pretty good direction. TMB has not been around since Sept last year.

Last edited:

Ejaikbros

Reaction score
There is also the v138 VM on the first post of this thread. Also, v130 (non VM) does run on Windows 7 Pro ok. Just have to make sure it NEVER has an internet connection and the date is reset back in time.
I need SDD V130(Non VM) Download links.

ssidexp09

Reaction score
I need SDD V130(Non VM) Download links.
Hi,
Here's the link:
Reagrds

davehaughton

Reaction score
EdToo Hi, Thanks for your note much appreciated,

I have run SDD V160 under Windows 10 on a hp Laptop and SDD V130 based on Window XP (Virtual Machine) on a Sony Laptop with the same MongoosePro clone device, SDD recognises the device is attached (shows "MongoosePro Connected") in both SDD Windows environments.

The pdf's I included show that in both cases connection was made to the car and the VIN number was read correctly and the s/w identified the car correctly and re-configure to match it, but only the CAN_HS bus was read by the SDD s/w. This makes me wonder whether the pass through device I am using has a problem? It should also be noted that there are no fault codes being reported by the car, so I have assumed that the car must think the CAN's are working fine, despite that fact that the SDD screens show that I have no connection with with CAN_MS or Sub's, SDD confirmed that it believes there is no comms to the CAN_MS and Subs when running a network integrity check.

Also as I don't know the CAN structure for the XKR, therefore I was wondering if others have had similar issues. Are these CANs on different pins of the pass through device? I assume they run at different baud rates guessing HS - High Speed and MS is Medium Speed? What I am getting at here is - if the Mongoose passes through the CAN_HS data then should it not also by default pass through the other CANs data too? Or could there still be an issue with the device not being properly configured or damaged?

Trust this helps clarify my dilemma
Hi CozyDave Dont know if you have fixed your problem but I have exactly the same with V160 on win 7 32bit and Mangoose pro. I have decided to try my local indy booked in in 10 days time. I will let you know what his professional equipment tells me. I have a parking sensor problem which is on the CAN MS The car is an XE 2016 so is supposed to be covered by the device.

mrmut

Reaction score
Try another VM version to see if that one works. SDD/IDS are notoriously problematic.

davehaughton

Reaction score
UPDATE to my previous post. Checked car with local indy there are no faults on the car. Spoke to supplier of the mongoose the reply was these copies dont always work and the can't be sure a new one would if they sent me one. My guess is they dont work on later cars using v160 JLR SDD. Can anyone tell me what the earliest version of jlr sdd will work on a jag XE 2016 so I can try that before I give up