Incorrect Diesel Exhaust Fluid Quality warning

JAG1099

Reaction score
As i had reported in April this year, I had it sorted and I never had the fault repeat (fingers crossed). You are having a hard time of it.
Hi Ranny,
How much did it cost to have it fixed? My XF 2016 has got the same message now, I found someone in Birmingham who is asking for £75 I was wondering if that is reasonable? or even legit?? what are your thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Ranny

Reaction score
JAG1099,

If you look back on the post you will see an previous update to my issue. I had just extended the warranty and the remote app stuff so I called Jaguar Assist and they fixed it as described above. They did not charge me because of the cover I had. To be honest, reading the trouble others have had, I don't see how someone could simply quote £75. Maybe if they are just trying to reset the system, which did work for me, but then I got a lot of diagnostics done by the guy who came to look at it. Did this quote from a Jaguar dealer? I would be asking for a full survey and details of what will be done/fixed for my money.

Graham1

Reaction score
Hi I had the same Quality not quantity warning so many times times on my 16 plate 2.0 D that i got rid of the car. Jaguar kept saying it was cheap or dirty Addblue even after they had drained and refilled the tank !! Go online there are so many Jaguar owners with this problem on just about all the models they make. Mine even started going into limp home mode, they drained the tank, refilled it, drained and cleaned then refilled, blamed it on a sensor, changed the sensor but nothing worked. Same old Jaguar electrical problems that have always plagued them.

LOA

Reaction score
We have a fleet of heavy duty Diesel engined vehicles at work. When we swapped from ordering individual containers of DEF to a bulk system, we encountered damaged and degraded sensors that would trigger warnings and shutdowns of the engine. We believe this is traced back to the age of the DEF. https://www.mcphersonoil.com/how-to-keep-def-from-going-bad/
This website seems to corroborate many of the symptoms in this thread. The issue may not be overfill, it may be the age of the DEF being added. My Jag is petrol, so I don't have this issue...

RugbyRichard

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]MANAGEMENT WARNING - NO ENGINE RESTART IN …… MILES. INCORRECT DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID QUALITY DETECTED.
I have had this problem 9 times in the last year with my 16 plate Jaguar and am still no nearer to finding a solution,
Aylesbury Jaguar have tried to fix the issue five times this year including draining, refitting, pump calibration, prime and pressure tests, resetting adaptive valves and on my last visit a whole new adblue tank and the problem has still come back after a month. Has anyone had this problem sorted?>[/FONT]
Jaguar XE 2.0 D Auto. Had this warning for the first time in November 2020. Only JLR Adblue used. Marshalls Oxford did software update and unblocked an injector and the warning went. Warning again yesterday (21/02/21) after only 1,714 miles. Booked in again but your experience is worrying, what happened ?

RWD3M

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Jaguar XE 2.0 D Auto. Had this warning for the first time in November 2020. Only JLR Adblue used. Marshalls Oxford did software update and unblocked an injector and the warning went. Warning again yesterday (21/02/21) after only 1,714 miles. Booked in again but your experience is worrying, what happened ?
Hi Richard,

Whilst the problems are not limited to the XF or the XE, you might be better starting a new thread in the XE section here:

It might also be worth a search of that particular part of the Forum as this does pop up from time to time.

Regards,

Richard.

Ranny

Reaction score
Just a quick update from me, as I reported last year I had the fault cleared and it never returned. In January this year I traded in my XF which was a bit big for my needs and opted for the E Pace with petrol engine. Not too bad a car but the economy is dreadful compared to my XF....